What this policy covers
This policy covers how Open treats personal information that we collect and receive, including information related to your use of Open publications, products and other related services (“Personal Information”). Personal Information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address , phone number etc..
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Open does not own or control or to people that Open does not employ or manage.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Open may collect Personal Information when you register with Open, when you use Open publications, products or services, when you visit Open pages or the pages of certain Open business partners. Open may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
When you register Open may ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, PIN/ZIP code, employment/occupation details, industry and personal interests. For some products and services Open might also ask for your address, address proof document, PAN number, and information about your assets. When you register with Open and sign-in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
Open collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your reading of our publications, use of products and services that we offer.
Open may use Personal Information for the following general purposes:
- to customize the advertising and content you see,
- fulfill your requests for publications, products and services,
- improve our services,
- handling orders and deliver products and to provide promotional offers and share details about products and services,
- to notify you and send offers about our products and services, and products and services of the holding company, its subsidiaries and all other entities over which the holding company and/or its subsidiaries exercise majority control under the RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group (“Group”),
- for marketing and for market research/industry/sector analytics purposes, including internal demographic studies, by third parties, to provide, optimize and personalize their products and services to you and to send you newsletters and information about their products and services,
- to notify you about products and services of third parties,
- contact you through phone, mobile application or email,
- for carrying out legitimate business purposes,
- conduct research, and
- provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Sharing and disclosure of Personal Information
Open does not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
We may disclose/transfer the Personal Information:
- to our Group for business purposes including for providing an enhanced and delightful customer experience;
- to our affiliate companies for better customer satisfaction;
- to our advisors such as lawyers, chartered accountants and financial advisors in connection with business transactions; and
- to third parties that provide services to us or act on our behalf in connection with the operation of our business.
We also share your information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Open does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
Editing Your Account Information and Preferences
You can edit your Open account information including your preferences at any time.
New categories of marketing communications might be added to the Marketing Preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Open service, such as service announcements, administrative messages, promotional material and the Open Newsletter, that may be considered a part of your Open account.
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to Personal Information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
All disputes are subject to the laws of India and exclusive jurisdiction of the competent Courts and Forums in Calcutta only.
For any questions or suggestions, please complete a feedback form or contact us at:
Open Media Network Private Limited, Tower 3A, 1st Floor, DLF Corporate Park, DLF City Phase III, M.G. Road, Gurugram, Haryana India – 122 002.
Last updated on June 3, 2022
(Effective from 29 April, 2009)