Iran Warns War Could Spread Beyond Middle East If Attacked Again

Last Updated:
Iran’s IRGC warned that any renewed US or Israeli military action could expand conflict beyond the Middle East, as Donald Trump signalled possible negotiations while US lawmakers sought to limit war powers
Iran Warns War Could Spread Beyond Middle East If Attacked Again
 Credits: AI-Generated image

The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) on Wednesday warned that any renewed military action against Iran could trigger a wider conflict extending beyond West Asia, as tensions between Tehran, the United States and Israel continue to intensify.

According to Iranian state media Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB), the IRGC said in an official statement, “If the aggression against Iran is repeated, the war will be extended outside the Middle East region, and our crushing blows will hit you in places you cannot imagine.”

The warning comes after recent confrontations involving Iran, the US and Israel, which have fuelled fears of a broader regional escalation.

Sign up for Open Magazine's ad-free experience
Enjoy uninterrupted access to premium content and insights.

IRGC says Iran has not used full military capabilities

In its statement, the IRGC claimed that Iran had deliberately held back during previous hostilities and warned that future retaliation could involve a wider military response.

“Although in the previous round of war, the US-Israel used all their capabilities, we did not use all our capabilities,” the statement said.

“But if an action is taken against Iran, Iran's new regional and extra-regional capabilities will be activated," it added.

The IRGC further argued that the ongoing conflict had already expanded across the region and insisted that earlier warnings issued by Tehran had proven accurate.

open magazine cover
Open Magazine Latest Edition is Out Now!

Travel Issue 2026

15 May 2026 - Vol 04 | Issue 71

The Cultural Traveller

Read Now

“As warned before the US aggression against Iran, the war has engulfed the entire region,” the statement said.

“Unlike the enemy, Iran's warnings are not empty,” the IRGC said. “We warn that any new aggression will activate Iran's extra-regional capabilities.”

Tehran signals readiness for direct confrontation

The IRGC also stressed that Iran’s military strength would be demonstrated through action rather than rhetoric.

“We are men of war, and you will see our power on the battlefield, not in empty statements on social media,” the official statement said, according to IRIB.

The remarks underline Tehran’s increasingly aggressive posture as diplomatic and military tensions remain high across the region.

Trump says Iran wants a deal “so badly”

The IRGC warning came a day after US President Donald Trump said Iran was eager to negotiate and predicted that the conflict would end quickly.

Speaking at a press conference on Tuesday, Trump said, “There's so much oil out there, they're going to come plummeting down..We're going to end that war very quickly. They want to make a deal so badly...You are going to see oil prices plummet. They're going to come down. There's so much oil out there, they're going to come plummeting down.”

Trump also claimed that global oil prices would decline sharply because of abundant supply.

US Senate moves to limit Trump’s war powers on Iran

The developments unfolded as the US Senate passed a resolution aimed at limiting the President’s ability to engage in military hostilities against Iran without congressional approval, according to CBS News.

The motion to discharge the resolution from committee passed in a 50-47 vote, with four Republican senators joining most Democrats in support.

The resolution, introduced by Democratic Senator Tim Kaine, would direct the President to “remove the United States Armed Forces from hostilities within or against Iran, unless explicitly authorised by a declaration of war or a specific authorisation for use of military force.”

The vote marked the eighth attempt by Senate Democrats to pass such a measure.

Peace negotiations continue amid fears of escalation

The latest tensions come as negotiations related to a potential peace agreement between the US and Iran continue behind the scenes.

Earlier, Trump had announced that a “planned attack” on Tehran was put on hold after appeals from Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. However, the US President also warned that Washington remained “prepared to go forward with a full, large-scale assault” on Iran.

The sharp rhetoric from both Washington and Tehran has heightened concerns over the possibility of a wider regional conflict involving multiple countries across West Asia.

(With inputs from ANI)